As part of our services, we offer broadly understood flow calculations using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) methods. We perform calculations of steady and transient flows, in open and enclosed spaces, with a free surface, including energy flow or phase mixing, and a number of others.
Examples of the use of our CFD calculations include:
• Aerodynamic calculations,
• Calculations of pressure drop,
• Analysis of air and energy distribution in air-conditioned and ventilated systems,
• Analysis of intake, exhaust, hydraulic systems, etc.,
• Optimisation of air duct geometry,.
• Analysis of phase mixing (CO2, humidity) in air-conditioned and ventilated systems.
As a company strongly associated with the railway industry, we specialise in calculating flows related to rolling stock:
• Calculation of air conditioning and ventilation systems for compliance with standards EN 14750, EN 14813 and EN 13129,
• Aerodynamic calculations of aerodynamic coefficients in order to determine the running stability of a vehicle, in accordance with EN 14067-6,
• Aerodynamic calculations of a train passing through tunnels,
• Aerodynamic calculations for compliance with TSI requirements – rolling stock impact on the environment,
We perform numerical calculations using OpenFOAM or OpenModelica. We process the results mainly using the HyperWorks package and ParaView. In addition, we support all numerical computational work with analytical methods using spreadsheets, as well as programming tools developed for the needs of individual projects.
We employ a wide range of software for conducting structural thermal analyses (MSC.Patran, MSC.Nastran, OpenFOAM, HyperWorks), and we perform steady-state and transient analyses.
The scope of analyses includes, among others: